Thursday, September 23, 2010

People

Thursday, September 23, 2010

Today will be a different kind of thankful post. I have a lot to be thankful for this day...I have a beautiful husband and son, we have our health, and God's love. There are many more things to be thankful for but for some reason my heart is very heavy with a bunch of unthankful (is that a word?...if not well it is my made up word for the day) thoughts. Have you ever seen or heard of the ugly some people have in their minds and hearts and seen how it effects those that you love? I have and I do not like it. I am not a very confrontational person but when it comes to those close to me and my heart, watch out!!

I remember a time in high school, when I was coming home from some school trip on the bus. It was night time, and most of the people on the bus were asleep or just quite. I was a senior in HS and my sister was an 8th grader. She had a boyfriend that was a freshman. Well, some girl that was also a senior was trying to steal the boy away. This particular girl was sitting about 2 seats behind me on the bus, and she started talking about MY SISTER! I guess she thought I would not hear her or maybe she thought I would do nothing about it. Well, I sat very still and quite for the remainder of the bus trip and when the bus pulled into the school and the lights came on, blue fire was shooting from my eyes and straight into Wendy! She looked scared. I stood up and confronted her (not in my inside voice) about talking about my sister. I stood up for my baby sister that night! Even though it is 14 years later, I still remember those feelings I had...the anticipation and heat building up inside of me and then the hot heat and adreneline when I opened my mouth and confronted her.

My point is, that feeling of the heat building up inside me is somewhat there again. This time for a different reason. I DO NOT like seeing those around me hurting (guess that is part of the reason I am a nurse). I DO NOT like confrontation (I did not like it 14 years ago and I do not like it today). I know in my heart that I will let this build (because I am human) and then I know God will heal this for me and there will be no confrontation. It is really helpful to write this down to get it out of my system. Ahhhh...I feel a little better.

I know the few of you that read this will not have a clue as to what I am talking about, but I am sure you have had times in your life that you have felt this same way...be it with a sibling, child, family member, friend, etc.

I must remember that God is ALMIGHTY and he will place his hands on my heart and take all the troubles away. It is just very hard to forget the words that are spoken even if they were a mistake. We must always remember that words can cut the heart and soul worse than any sharp object.

Thanks for listening.

No comments: