Tuesday, June 29, 2010

You would have never known...

that Sweet P had surgery...until it was time to change the dressing. Preston has been so good about not touching or messing with his dressing on his leg. I am so proud of him. But when it comes time to change it once a day, it is awful for EVERYONE involved. Saturday Thomas and I needed an extra pair of hands to help hold a wiggly and strong little boy. Sunday, I was on call and got called into work. The MD's PA was there in the ER working and he asked how things were going. He said that I could bring him up the the hospital and he would change it for me. I took him up on the offer. Let's just say I do not know who was more traumatized...Preston or Thomas. Thomas was so upset watching the repacking of the wound process and Preston screamed the entire time. Dramatic. I tried to keep cool and collected on the outside but on the inside I was crying for both of my boys. Motherhood is tough, but you gotta do what yo gotta do. Monday, Preston pulled his own packing out (I was going to put him in the bath and he beat me to the job). No tears but just a look of surprise...like oh on what did I just do? I think part of the reason Preston gets so upset is because we are holding him down, but right now he will just not stay still. Poor Baby...MaMa HATES that you are having to go through all of this at an age you just cannot understand what is happening.

Saturday, June 26, 2010
Thankful for:
*A good night with Preston
*Preston leg seems to be doing better
*We survived the 1st dressing change
*Preston attended a birthday party with his Daddy Click here to see all the adorable details to a Dr. Seuss party (I could not go due to being on call)
*Not getting called in to work

Sunday, June 27, 2010
Thankful for:
*The surgeon's PA changed and packing Preston's wound for me
*Making a little bit of call back money
*Ordering all kinds of goodies from etsy this morning (all things for Preston's upcoming Birthday Party)
*Preston drinking from a real cup and not making a mess...he is getting so big

Monday, June 28, 2010
Thankful for:
*Preston's leg looks better and I was able to pack the wound
*Paying a co-worker back by taking her call tonight...and NOT getting called back
*a yummy dinner
*a little rain shower late in the evening
*my mother-in-law...I am so thankful that I have a nice MIL

Tuesday, June 29, 2010
Thankful for:
*leftovers for supper tonight
*a much wanted (and needed) pedicure
*Dollar Tree being right down from the nail place so I go drop in real quick and have a pair of $1 flip flops to wear out of the nail place (my tennis shoes would have probably ruined the pedi)
*the magnetic chalkboards are seasoned and done!!!!
*it looks like it is going to rain
*getting off work a little early
*Preston loving his balloons (get well ones his 2 cousins and uncle gave him Friday)...that is good because I am planning on having a mega load of balloons for his party

No comments: