Thursday, January 14, 2010

A Couple of Days Late

I have had every intention of posting the last 2 days, but we have been having computer trouble. At this moment I am using my "old" laptop, because the new one has "CRASHED". So today, this morning I am thankful that I have procrastinated and not moved ALL my photos from the old computer to the new computer. Otherwise, they would be lost forever. I am also thankful that if I have any photos (not yet backed up) on the new computer there are only a few of them (I am sad but not completely heartbroken). I am also thankful that I did not get called in last night or early this morning. Hopeful that the newer computer can be fixed (fingers crossed, toes crossed)

Tuesday, Jan 12: Thankful that I was able to get fitted for a dress and that I was able to make an appointment to get this crazy hair done for Friday (my hair is wild right now). Also, thankful that I got off an hour early and was able to take a quick nap (30 min) I slept so well that when I woke up I did not know what day it was, what time it was, and freaked out because I did not hear Preston or Thomas in the house (it was only 3:30pm on Tuesday, I thought it was Saturday)

Wednesday, Jan 13: Thankful that even though I was on call and stayed until 7:38 pm (made a little extra money) glad to come home to a loving husband and adorable little boy, thankful for my sister who left me the sweetest comment, hopeful that my patients yesterday make a full recovery, thankful that when a patient asked his surgeon to say a prayer before he started the surgery the surgeon at our official time out before every surgeon had us all stop and prayer with him that God would us our hands to help this patient.

2 comments:

Jessica said...

I love reading these sweet notes Julie! And I big puffy heart L-O-V-E that the surgeon honored the patient's request :) Permanently etched in my heart is a memory (really memories) of my mom quietly standing over her preemie patients often with her hand to their head. I think I was about 8 or 9 when I asked her what she was doing as I was seeing her do this over & over again (45+ Nursery/NICU when we lived in PR). She told me she was praying over each of them as she came to examine each one. Praying for them to get better AND praying that God would work through her and guide her hands as she cared for them. And then when we moved here I remember her doing the same @ MMC as she intubated newborns and helped the nurses find veins when they couldn't. Eventually the nurses started joining her in prayer right before procedures. So amazing to know there are still caring physicians and nurses like you out there!!!

Sweet P Preston said...

It is nice to work with nurses and doctors that really do care. I have worked with some that played "Christian"...prayed for a patient before surgery and then were a total jerk to everyone around them (not here at MMC but another place I worked.