Monday, October 18, 2010

When Magic Happens!

Thursday, October 14, 2010
Thankful for:
*making a quick safe trip to Texas
*that Preston didn't cry too long after I left him at my parents
*delivering a cheesecake for a Susan G. Komen fundraiser
*getting off work early (it was arranged prior to the day but thankful none the less)
*getting everything packed for our trip

Friday, October 15, 2010
Thankful for:
*Thomas's 34th birthday!!!!
*making it safely to New Orleans
*a quick detour to Natchitoches
*the Ritz-Carlton
*dinner at Delmonicos
*seeing a cousin, I had not seen in 3 years
*quality time with Thomas
*the excitement of a weekend get away

Saturday, October 16, 2010
Thankful for:
*breakfast at Brennans
*riding the St. Charles Street Car
*a cab that happened to drive by, after I twisted/sprain my ankle
*just hanging out with Thomas in the hotel, while I iced and elevated my ankle
*having the BEST husband ever
*the restaurant in the hotel being excellent, and having live entertainment while we ate (a great jazz band with the main man being a crooner/trumpet player)

Sunday, October 17, 2010
Thankful for:
*knowing that I would never be as rude as a female (will not call her lady because she had no class) in the hotel at breakfast as she was...she sent an omelet back 3 times and then played 20 questions with the chef after it was brought out the 3rd time...if I were her I would have been leery of eating it, no telling what extras it had in it!
*a safe trip home
*seeing Preston...his hugs are wonderful...he was so happy to see us
*Preston having a good time at his MeMaw's and PaPa's
*my wonderful parents meeting us half-way to pick up Preston
*lunch with my parents
*Biscuit and Maddie being happy to see us
*our family at home all together
*Preston slept all night in his bed

Monday, October 18, 2010
Thankful for:
*having the day off...my ankle needed it...still hurts but I will survive
*an impromptu photo session with Preston in the morning light...MAGIC
*spending the day with Preston and the afternoon with Thomas and Preston
*after lunch Preston took a nap on his own...well after we turned off his light and said it was nap time, but still it was not a car ride induced nap
*making 2 or 6 cheesecakes for a bake sale
*penne pasta bake for dinner




No comments: