Friday morning, Thomas and I dropped the "girls" off at the Critter Motel (that is really the name) and it was on the road to New Orleans. On the way down, to NOLA, we took a little detour to Natchitoches. I had never been, and Thomas thought it would be nice to visit. Unfortunately, we got into Natchitoches early (before most of the downtown stores opened). But it was so nice to stretch our legs, by walking down on the River front. Camera in hand, I was able to get a few pictures.
Down town Natchitoches
A fall scape in Natchitoches
I loved the street lamps and the hanging baskets
This picture looks like Louisiana to me!
This general store was the only store opened when we were walking around, but we loved it! This was taken on the steps leading up to the CHRISTMAS part of the store!
The same picture as above just aged a little bit. This is how the store "felt" to me...ol' time!
After our brief stop it was on to New Orleans. We made excellent time, and thanks to TomTom we made it to our hotel effortlessly. We splurged and stayed at the Ritz-Carlton. Highly recommend this hotel. It is beautiful and the staff was wonderful. Thomas and I had both been to NOLA in our "single" days and this experience was different, more grown-up. The only time we were on Bourbon street was to cross it to reach the other street. Neither one of us, are into the Bourbon Street experience now (thank goodness).
Since we would be arriving on Thomas's birthday, we wanted to eat at one of Emeril's restaurants. I chose Delmonico's, because it is more of a steakhouse and I had eaten at the one in Vegas before and knew it would be excellent. We were not disappointed! The service and food were top-notch. And an added bonus for me: As we were being seated (we had an excellent table), I noticed the man and the table next to us. I thought to myself he looks familiar and then I saw his full face...it was my cousin Cyndi's husband, Keith. What a wonderful surprise! I had not seen them since our wedding 3 years ago. They live in Texas and were in New Orleans for their 20th wedding anniversary. They were just finishing up dessert when we were seated so it a short brief visit, but great none the less. God truly does have a master plan for us. Of all the restaurants, in New Orleans, and of all the times to choose for a reservation, God planned for us to run into one another.
Me and my cousin Cyndi
Thomas and I on his 34th Birthday! Happy Birthday, Thomas!
After a brief trip to Harrahs, and walking along the riverfront at night we made our way to the hotel. Party animals, we are NOT these days (haha). The next morning, I had made reservations for us to eat breakfast at Brennans. Wow, is a way to describe this experience. I had eaten here before for breakfast and it was just as I had remembered. The service and the experience are out of this world. The breakfast menu is not like any other, but man oh man it is good. I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE their coffee...and I am NOT a coffee drinker. We elected not to have an appetizer (yes that is right) with our breakfast, but we did have dessert! We could not resist having the Bananas Foster (they claim to have been the first ones to make this delectable treat). Needless to say, the Bananas Foster was gobbled up.
The Bananas Foster at Brennans
After breakfast we made our way back to Jackson Square and just wandered around.
Next we hopped on one of these (but during the daytime):
We rode the St. Charles Street Car to the turn around point and then we started walking and admiring the beautiful homes on St. Charles street. And then it happened....I fell. That's right, right there on the uneven sidewalk. I felt my right ankle pop. It was a nauseating feeling. We called a cab, it never showed but another company's cab did and we hopped in. The cab driver was a really down to earth fellow from Oklahoma. He had us rolling with his antics (much needed when you have a throbbing ankle). My wonderful husband, walked across the street from our hotel, to Walgreens, and bought me an ice pack and ace bandages. I was kind of bummed that at 1:30pm on our second day there, I was out of walking commission for the rest of our trip. But when life gives you lemons, make lemonade. We spent the day in our hotel room. Thomas got us lunch from the restaurant in the hotel. We had lunch in our room, then we rented a movie. It was nice just to hang out with one another and not have to do anything. We had dinner at the hotel restaurant. The food was good and we were able to listen to some great live jazz. All in all it was a great trip.
As much as we enjoyed our time together, we were both ready to see our Sweet P. My wonderful parents, met us halfway between our house and theirs (it saved us some time). I know Sweet P had a good time, but he was so happy to see his MaMa and Daddy today. It is good to be home!










2 comments:
So glad you guys had a fun weekend (minus the ankle!)!!! Delmonico's was one of our best dinner experiences B.K. (before kids that is!). That's where I had my best glass of Riesling ever. Aaaah!
Bet sweet P was SOOO happy to see you guys!!!!
Hope your sprain is much better!
Jessica, I agree about Delmonicos. In Vegas, there were 4 of us and we drank 2 bottles of Riesling with dinner. It was great. This time I had their speciality... Strawberry Lemon Drop martini. It was so good I had to have another.
Post a Comment