projects for my nephews. First, it was for Ethan and the 6th grade science fair. I am very thankful the project was completed and with success (he says he got an A, but I never saw the grade). At least, he did it and had a little guidance along the way. Second, a mini Mardi Gras float for Grayson (2nd grade). He wanted a LSU football theme. Do you think we caught the spirit of Mardi Gras and LSU football? The project is not due until Fat Tuesday, he had asked me to help him make the float. The next couple of weekends are busy for me, so we made the float today. I wrapped the box (although it looks like he did it) and helped him with the glue gun...and he did the rest. Not bad for a 2nd grade boy! Now it is off to plan a CSI birthday party for mid-March. Busy times here in the Blakeley house, with the boys here with us all last week, homework nightly, 3 boys taking baths every night (in a 1 bathroom house), cooking for 4 boys, and cleaning after 4 boys...no wonder I am tired (and working full time). Yikes, I better start really looking for the gray hair after this week! But, alas, it is just the 3 of us at our home (5 with the 2 dog children) and I am glad to have some normal back. Here's to a normal week ahead!
Ethan's Science Project
Front of Mini Mardi Gras Float
Top of the Mardi Gras Float
Side view of the float
Again front of the float...some of the decorations will need to be fixed later!
Sunday, February 6, 2011
Thankful for:
*getting Grayson's mini mardi gras float constructed
*yummy fork tender roast for dinner
*fixin' up some Valentine's today
*love to hear Preston sing his ABCs
*watching Preston move his little folding table from his playroom to his room...his little mind amazes me...he had to "wiggle" the table through 3 door ways and had to move his tricycle out of the way to turn the corner
*taking a break tonight and not cleaning the kitchen tonight...I know that is bad but I am going to sit here on the computer and watch the St. Jude Auction at the same time, instead of stand at the sink!
No comments:
Post a Comment