Sunday, January 16, 2011

A Rainy Weekend

Friday, January 14, 2011
Thankful for:
*TGIF
*on call all weekend ($$$)
*working until almost 9pm (boo), but a certain little boy met me at the door very excited to see his MaMa
*not getting called back to work

Saturday, January 15, 2011
Thankful for:
*not having to work today!
*sleeping in to almost 8am with Preston
*just a lazy day with my boys
*Preston did not take a nap (not good) but he was not as bad as he usually is when he does not have a nap!
*meal planned for the next 2 weeks!!! and made grocery list!!!
*my Dad was about to spend his gift card we gave him for Christmas, glad he could get some things he wanted

Sunday, January 16, 2011
Thankful for:
*so far not having to go to work
*watching Toy Story 3 with Preston, he falls asleep, and finishing it when he woke up
*rain, but if we get too much more we will be flooded
*breaking out the video camera and catching him dancing and singing to the Hot Dog Dance

2 comments:

Cori said...

Julie, Are you using any a chart/planner for your meal plans? I'm thinking of using a free printable I found on I-net. It gives days of week, type of meal and a grocery list area at the bottom. My problem is I think of things to make, go buy a month's worth of groceries and forget about them, and everything goes bad. I think if I plan everything out for the week, shop once a week and only buy on my list, things will go better. Let me know what your strategy is!!!! I need some help.

Sweet P Preston said...

So far, I don't have much strategy, other than actually thinking of something in advance to cook. But last weekend, I just took a blank sheet of paper, wrote the days of week and flipped through a cookbook and wrote down some easy quick things to cook and added few old standbys in the mix. On the back of the paper I wrote all ingredients I would need for each meal. Looked like a lot but I went "shopping" in the pantry and fridge before I went shopping at the store. I did two weeks this time due to space. This worked well. Some of the meat for week 2, I put in the freezer (I am funny about meat). I wrote all the meals for one week on a dry eraser board and that will hopefully be hung in the kitchen in the very near future.

Half the battle for me is planning ahead and writing it down. Like you I would buy groceries, forget about them and next thing I know $100 worth of perishibles has gone bad.

Hope this helps and good luck.