Monday, December 6, 2010

Things I Love about Our Tree

This year I am a little sad that my tree is not filled with my beloved Hallmark ornaments I have collected over the years. I was going to attempt to put them on the tree, but when I was carefully removing them, from their boxes, a curious little 2 year old would pick them up and throw them on the floor. I was about the have a nervous break down, so I put them back in their boxes. I guess I will try again next year. But, there are still ornaments on the tree that I love.

This star was from my Granny Hugghins tree. I love it and every year I hang it near the top of the tree.

This is a Hallmark Santa from 1976 or 1977 not sure which. My Mom let me have this many years ago. This is the only Hallmark ornament I have on the tree.

And finally the tree skirt is finished. I am pleased how it came out. Hopefully it will hold up and be in our family for several years to come.

A close up of our name. I hand stitched it using yarn (of all things)



Sunday, December 5, 2010
Thankful for:
*said goodbye to a wonderful, God loving man today...my Uncle Troy
*being a part of such a wonderful family
*although it was under sad circumstances, thankful to see many family members I had not seen in years
*my Mother-In-Law and sister-in-law watching Preston while we went to the funeral in Texas
*a safe trip to and from Texas

Monday, December 6, 2010
Thankful for:
*the start of a new week, hope things are much better this week (at work and with family)
*homemade chicken pot pie for dinner
*the weather is cooler, starting to feel more like winter
*soul food for lunch, around this time of year, some of the surgeons provide lunch for us, today was SOUL FOOD, yummy
*not watching Tigger and Pooh as soon as we walked in the door


No comments: