Sunday, May 9, 2010

Happy Mother's Day!!!

Being able to celebrate this day is wonderful. I have always celebrated it because of my wonderful Mother and I had two wonderful grandmothers. But being able to celebrate it as a mom is wonderful.

I received my gift last week, but I got the sweetest cards today (and one last night). Thomas had Preston "sign" the cards last night and they had to give me one of them right away because Preston wanted it back. Sweet P is on a Toy Story kick right now, and Thomas found the most adorable Toy Story Mother's Day card. When you open it, it plays the theme song, "You Got A Friend In Me." When Sweet P heard it play the song he had to have it. I finally got it back after he went to sleep. I was teary eyed when I opened. It will forever remind me of the Toy Story part of his childhood.
Then, I got this card this morning. I call Preston a little monkey daily and have almost since day 1 of his life. This little card was perfect...it opened the wrong way!!!
Being a 21 month old he does not always do what he is supposed to do!!! Gotta love this little monkey!
This is a "drawing" Preston did the other day. He made one for me, one for MeMaw and one for Grandma. I guess when I scanned this, it cut off part of his fingers.
We spent a lovely, lazy day with no particular plans. Loved it!!! It was my kind of day. A day with my 2 boys and 2 little 4-legged girls. The only part that would have made it perfect would have been if I could have told my mom Happy Mother's Day in person. Love you, MOM!!!
Happy Mother's Day!!
Saturday, May 8, 2010
Thankful for:
*A great day
*Finally putting the movies from the camcorder onto the computer
*Watching Preston really start to grasp the concept of his 4-wheeler
*Thomas having a friend with a rented backhoe, come over and dig up some stubborn stumps for us...Thanks Mark
Sunday, May 9, 2010
Thankful for:
*My Mom, my mother-in-law, and my late grandmothers...all women who hold a special place in my heart
**Being the mom to the most precious little boy ever**
*God granting me the gift of being a mother
*My wonderful husband who made this day great
*My mother in law for watching Sweet P while Thomas and I made a trip to Wal-Mart
*Watching Preston take a late nap this afternoon...there is nothing sweeter than watching a little angel sleep

No comments: