Last night was very nerve wrecking for Thomas and I. Sweet P's temp spiked at 103.9 at around 2:45 in the morning. Preston slept with us (a restless sleep for all). At around 2:45 he crawled onto my chest and he felt like he was on fire. I had the thermometer bedside me and I took his temp. Only to be greeted with that high number. Thomas and I had already said it was the ER if the temp was 104 or higher. So Thomas made Preston some juice. You could tell he wanted it but through the shivers and weakness he could not raise it to his mouth. Poor baby...it broke my heart to see him like this. After his much needed cool drink, we did our (in the middle of the night) breathing treatment.
Today has been better. Preston felt pretty good most of the morning...temp out the the triple digits till 2:00pm today. Then, the temp started creepy up again. But,I caught that special smile of his several times today. Hoping that everyday is a little better for him.
*Thankful that Preston is doing his breathing treatments without a fuss. I thought it was going to be a battle royale, but he is so good and still for them.
*Thankful his temp did not get as high as yesterday.
*Thankful that he finally drank something. I have been afraid of dehydration.
*Thankful that he smiled today.
Tuesday, February 9, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


3 comments:
My sweet little nephwew...I love you so much and I hope you start feeling better. I think of you often and wish I were there to hug and kiss you. Carson sends a get well soon message. We love you and hope you're 100% in no time!
Get better Sweet P! Julie, praying for you guys. Amelia ran a high fever like that at 1 year, and it scared me so. I woke up and could feel the heat radiating off her. Her temp was so high, the doc had me put her in a cold tub of water ... in the middle of winter. Oh it broke my heart to have to do that. Definitely hope he gets to feeling better!
Sweet P is in our prayers!!! I hate fevers altogether. Always makes me worry so much :( Hurry up and get well Preston so we can all have a playdate soon!
XOXO
Lance, Jessica, Grace & Hudson
Post a Comment