Monday, August 16, 2010
Thankful for:
*not being on call!
*getting off work about 1.5 hours early
*signing up for Millie's Hot Shots to walk in JDRF walk Sept. 11
*thinking I have maybe come up with a way to raise some money for the walk...I make cheesecakes, not to toot my own horn but they are really good, I thought about making regular cheesecakes to sale but I decided against that because my regular cheesecake is full of sugar, I figured I can maybe modify the recipe to make it a little more diabetic friendly...I went to Brookshires today (yes!!I got some game cards!) and read labels, I found that I can make the cheesecake using Splenda, 1/3 less fat cream cheese and making a sugar free vanilla wafer crust instead of graham cracker crust, I made 3 mini sized cheesecakes and we will try them tomorrow...I mentioned something about it at work and several people said that they would buy at least one or 2 (mini cheesecakes $5, regular sized $25), here's keeping my fingers crossed that I like the result tomorrow
*finding a sugar free cake mix and FINALLY making Paula Deens's Ooey Gooey Butter Cake recipe, this was so easy and so sinful (2 Sticks...yes sticks of butter in the cake), if only it didn't have a BOX of powdered sugar in the recipe I would make that to sell too (although I did run across a sugar free powdered sugar recipe before...is that a oxymoron or what?)
*chicken spaghetti for dinner, with leftovers since I am on call tomorrow
*ordering my sister's birthday present
*after all that kitchen work, the kitchen is CLEAN
Monday, August 16, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
Love the fundraising idea!!! I'm not a cheesecake kind of gal but Lance L-O-V-E-S them so we would definitely be interested in one! Oh, and for him, the whole crazy sugary/fat kind HA!
Our family will be walking too! So fun to have us all together for such a worthwhile cause.
P.S. Glad to hear your leg is much, much better! :)
Thomas LOVES the sugary fat kind too. But I am going to make him try the other, also.
I am not sure if Thomas will get to walk or not (work).
And, yes my leg is doing better. Thanks to a wound care specialist at work. Hopefully in the near future, I will have a scar as the only reminder and not a bandage (ha).
Post a Comment